Wednesday, December 05, 2007

UCF will face Mississippi State's tough defense in Liberty Bowl

 
UCF Coach George O'Leary woke up to a surprise the morning after his Knights' 44-25 victory over Tulsa in Saturday's Conference USA Championship Game.

"My wife came to me and showed me a 'For Sale' sign she'd kept and never showed me that somebody had put in our yard after the USF game," he said smiling. "I just kind of laughed it off. It's whatever, you just move on. It's all a part of the college football scene."

That scene had a different view Sunday. But the Knights' euphoria was muted slightly as the coaching staff awaited news of their opponent for the Dec. 29 Liberty Bowl.
 
It came shortly before 2 p.m. as the Liberty Bowl announced Mississippi State as UCF's foe.
Kyle Hightower: Orlando Sentinel

No comments: