Culpepper making a favorable impression

DAVIE - Channing Crowder joked he had roughly seven chances to intercept one of Daunte Culpepper's passes during Thursday's workout.
But instead of boasting about getting one, the second-year linebacker seemed happy he came away with all of his fingers still attached.
"I was trying to make some good breaks, but he just throws the ball too hard," Crowder said, chuckling. "I hit one of them, but it didn't even break the spiral. It darn near broke my finger, so I said I'm not doing that anymore. You can see he throws it hard."
At close range, Crowder said, it was evident the strength of Culpepper's throws caused some receivers to rub their chests in pain.
But what really caught everyone's eyes Thursday was when a play broke down and Culpepper -- who is recovering from surgery to repair three torn ligaments in his right knee -- took off running.
"All the coaches were nervous that nobody would touch him," Crowder cracked. "I don't want to go home. You touch Culpepper, I'm right back in Atlanta. I'm not going back there. I'm not going to hit him. Hopefully he's back, because I know what kind of player he is." (courtesy of Florida Today).
No comments:
Post a Comment