Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Greco might start at QB against Bulls


Click on the pic to go to the link

There's still a lot of time between now and Saturday, but UCF Coach George O'Leary hinted Tuesday that he might start backup QB Mike Greco against USF.

"We're doing it because I think Greco has some talent. I think his strengths are probably different strengths than Kyle [Israel] has, as far as leg speed and sometimes quickness of delivery," O'Leary said when asked about why a lot of schools are playing two quarterbacks now. "I think you want to play two because you want to, not because you're benching one or the other. And I think both kids understand that they have certain roles on the football team, and they both need to fulfill the roles. I have no problem putting either one of them in and maybe even start Greco Saturday."

But when prodded about why he'd consider the change against the Bulls, he pulled off a bit. But he defended Greco's two turnovers against East Carolina, noting how a receiver fell down on his interception and how he was "horse-collared" on his fumble after a long run.

Kyle Hightower: Orlando Sentinel

No comments: